The new superhero game by Warner Bros is an open-world game set in Gotham City. A player obtains skills and victories to boost their heroes, and enemies are boosted in response. Players can switch characters in-between missions to prepare for the next event.
Gotham needs protection due to a surge in crime and corruption following the deaths of Batman and the Police commissioner. The four players continue Batman’s legacy by taking down supervillains to keep Gotham safe. There is tons of variety between players, expanding your creativity for combat.
The steep spec requirements for Gotham Knights reflect the game’s capacity to feature two players simultaneously exploring the game world. The game running at 1080p requires, at the very minimum, an RTX 2070. Here is everything else you need to know about this newly released superhero game.
PC Specs For Gotham Knights
PC System specs for Gotham Knights begin at 30fps via PS5 or Xbox Series X (without the 60fps mode). For clarity and high resolution, it is recommended to run Gotham Knights at 60fps, 1080p.
Low Setting Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 10 64-bit
- Central Processing Unit: Intel Core i5-9600 (Ryzen 5 3600 will also work)
- Random Access Memory: 8GB
- Graphics Processing Unit: GTX 1660 Ti (Radeon RX 590 also works)
High Setting Requirements:
- Operating System: Windows 64-bit
- Central Processing Unit: Intel Core i7-10700K (Ryzen 5 5600X works)
- Random Access Memory: 16GB
- Graphics Processing Unit: RTX 2070 (Radeon RX 5700XT works) These are high-quality specs, not the average specs you’ll have on your computer. Some players feel that these demands are too much to ask for from the average player.
Gameplay Breakdown Overview
- There are four knights to choose from, each with a set of skills. You can switch characters and can gain skill points.
- Your play style will differ depending on who you choose. Choose from Nightwing, Batgirl, Robin, and Red Hood.
- It is possible to play the game alone, but the cooperative multiplayer option allows another player to come in and out without interfering with the other player.
General Game Objectives
Unlock skills for each character by completing challenges. Each character has momentum abilities that you can earn as well. The villains you face, including Clayface, Mr. Freeze, and Harley Quinn, will prompt you to battle to win challenges. As you win, you collect evidence, obtain skills, and gather materials necessary to gather intel before crimes occur.
Player Gameplay Review
With the release of Gotham Knights, players are displeased by the high demands. The game requires high processing power, suggesting that without a powerful computer, you may not be able to comfortably play. Players are impressed with the co-op gameplay and are excited about the four-player mode. Some critics found the gameplay storyline a bit general.
See It For Yourself
While players are dissatisfied by the high processing demands, some argue that the open-world and multiplayer modes make up for it. Play Gotham Knights and see for yourself.